Provider in Chagrin Falls, OH area offers an effective treatment plan for patients with rosacea
Patients who have received a diagnosis of rosacea are often one step ahead in finding effective treatment. With the help of our provider at Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine, in Chagrin Falls, OH, patients are able to achieve beautiful, healthy skin once and for all! Dr. Jennifer Kish is the provider at our practice, assisting patients in addressing conditions such as rosacea and finding an effective treatment plan for their unique needs.
Rosacea is a skin disorder that is not curable, but with effective and proper treatment, can be managed and controlled in a way that still improves a patient’s self-confidence and quality of life. Most patients who have rosacea will have mild to severe redness on their face. This redness may be in conjunction with pimples, pustules, and bumps, as well as red and irritated eyes. The medical team at Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine can not only provide proper diagnosis of the condition but can also help patients find a treatment option that is affordable, effective, and able to manage the effects of this condition.
What causes rosacea?
Rosacea is a type of inflammation on the skin that has an unclear cause. However, this chronic condition has been found to be susceptible to flareups. These inflammatory responses are sometimes caused by:
- Eating spicy foods
- Extreme temperature changes
- Exposure to the sun
- Certain products such as hairspray or facial creams
- Increased or chronic stress
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
Doctors have been unable to find a genetic link, but with a better understanding of the condition and the triggers, many patients can keep their rosacea under control and manageable with effective treatments.
What effective treatment options are available for patients with rosacea?
- Topical therapies – in most cases, rosacea can be improved with the use of a topical cream used daily on the skin. These creams are often prescription topical antibiotic gels that work for a majority of the patients at Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine. By using these creams on the skin every day, patients can reduce inflammation and redness and improve their self-confidence.
- Oral treatments – some patients may benefit from the use of oral antibiotics, especially if they have been diagnosed with papulopustular rosacea. These are prescription medications that come in pill form that patients take orally daily for a specific period of time. Typically, oral antibiotics are not a long-term solution for rosacea.
- Light-based therapy – while prescription medications applied topically and taken orally can help during a flare-up, sometimes effective treatment comes from routine light-based therapies. These may include BBL (Broad Band Light) treatments or even laser therapies that can provide relief for patients on a long-term basis. These treatments are often spaced apart, often weeks at a time, to continually improve the skin and extend relief for many years. However, integrating these treatments regularly can be expensive, so our doctor will often evaluate a patient to determine if this type of therapy will ensure appropriate and desired responses.
- Avoidance techniques – first and foremost, patients should pay close attention to the triggers that can cause a rosacea flare-up. If flare-ups occur after time outdoors, the use of a strong SPF sunblock on the skin may be recommended. Avoidance of stress, extreme temperature changes, alcohol, and spicy foods may also calm the skin and reduce flare-ups. Finding the cause of flare-ups can help patients better understand their condition and the triggers that can make it worse.
Contact Dr. Jennifer Kish today to learn more about rosacea treatments
Rosacea is a condition that affects millions of Americans, and for some, can be difficult to find effective treatment. With the help of our provider, Dr. Jennifer Kish, of Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine, patients can speak to a professional who has years of experience in helping patients treat this and other skin conditions that can impact the health and appearance of their skin and body. If you have been diagnosed with rosacea and are seeking effective treatment options, book an appointment at Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine to determine the methods most appropriate for your needs. The practice is conveniently located at 154 Bell Street in Chagrin Falls, OH and can be reached by phone at (440) 499-7145.