Ultherapy for skin tightening gets results, without surgery in Chagrin Falls OH
Get a lift without going under the knife. Ultherapy for Skin Tightening in Chagrin Falls, OH at Seriously Skin is a great alternative for patients with mild to moderate loose skin under the neck, chin, and brow area, and lines and wrinkles on the décolletage and chest. It’s also an attractive option to prolong the beautiful results from the many other cosmetic procedures available at Seriously Skin or to stay ahead of Father Time as a preventive aesthetic treatment.
Why patients love Ultherapy
The first and only procedure cleared by the FDA for non-invasive lifting, tightening, and wrinkle-fighting on the face, neck, and chest, Ultherapy is considered to be an alternative to both invasive surgical procedures (facelift, browlift) as well as other nonsurgical treatments (radiofrequency, lasers).
As an alternative to facelift surgery, Ultherapy involves the application of an Ulthera device to the skin. It doesn’t involve needles, cutting, and sutures. Less invasive procedures are associated with fewer side effects, risks of complications, downtime, and demands on the patient for preparation before treatment and healing afterward.
As an alternative to other advanced nonsurgical devices, Ultherapy uses the unique properties of proven ultrasound technology to deliver powerful energy and get noticeable results, often with a single treatment session. The other technologies responsible for nonsurgical cosmetic treatments may only affect the superficial layer of skin; they aren’t designed for nor cleared by the FDA to lift tissues. In turn, the energy delivered by these devices can’t reach the deeper layers of the skin – where transformational changes occur.
Thousands of short, intense pulses of ultrasonic waves are delivered via the hand-held Ulthera device. Powerful energy bypasses the skin’s surface, heading straight for the deeper layers of tissue where collagen protein and networks of elastic fibers reside. Collagen and elastin give skin its firmness, tone, and flexibility. With age, these proteins and fibers break down. As strength and elasticity are lost, skin sags and gives way to lax and shallow areas, as well as prominent wrinkles and folds. Via the hyperfocused application of ultrasound, which generates a thermal effect under the skin’s surface, Ultherapy jumpstarts the production of fresh, new collagen.
Many of Seriously Skin’s patients appreciate that:
- Ultrasound is a time-tested technology, used in the medical field for more than 50 years. Its efficacy and safety are well-established.
- Ultherapy incorporates conventional ultrasound imaging. During treatment, the skilled professionals at Seriously Skin can view an image of the deep layers of tissue on a monitor. This is an important feature because our providers use such imagery to determine the optimal placement of the device on your skin. The energy is precisely delivered to the areas where it will make the biggest difference in the appearance and feel of your skin.
- Ultherapy is relatively comfortable. First, the skin is cleansed. Treatment areas are identified. After the ultrasound gel is applied, the Ulthera applicator is placed on the skin. As tiny amounts of energy are deposited at precise depths, patients may feel a warming sensation that lasts only as the energy is being distributed. This sensation is a good indicator that the collagen-building process is underway!
- Over the counter and prescription medications are available for enhanced comfort. During your consultation, the Seriously Skin team can discuss these and other concerns with you.
- A single treatment is fast, 30 to 90 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- There is no downtime! Return to work and other activities immediately afterward, free of special restrictions or requirements.
- Side effects are generally mild and temporary. It’s not uncommon to see some initial flushing, swelling, or to feel a slight tingling and tenderness.
- Some patients notice improvement immediately after treatment; however, results continue to improve with “optimal” outcomes reported around two to three months post-treatment. The production of new collagen takes time. As this process occurs, it gradually lifts and tightens the neck, chin, and brow and softens chest wrinkles.
Each patient’s response to ultrasound and collagen remodeling is a little different. Due to biological differences, as well as the severity of skin laxity, you may wish to undergo another treatment session to get desired results. Touch-up treatments help you maintain control over the aging process, too. To find out more about Ultherapy for skin tightening in Chagrin Falls, schedule an appointment at Seriously Skin. Call (440) 499-7145.Back to Ulthera Page