Sciton Micro Laser Peel Frequently Asked Questions
What you should know about a Micro Laser Peel
What should I expect immediately post-treatment?
- The desired response from the Micro Laser Peel is erythema (redness) and possible light edema (swelling) within a few minutes of laser application. The redness and swelling (often similar in appearance to sunburn) will increase with the depth of your Peel. As soon as the Micro Laser Peel is completed, you will ice to encourage healing and reduce swelling. You will leave the clinic with laser balm applied to the treated area. If you do not already have laser balm, it is a necessary comfort for recovery.
- If you have the Micro Laser Peel performed on your face or chest, we suggest you wear a shirt that buttons in front. Please remember that you will leave our clinic with red skin covered with cream. Don't plan to go anywhere but home after the treatment. If your drive home will take more than a few minutes, plan to wear a wide-brimmed hat in the car to shade the treated area.
- When sleeping, it is advised you put old sheets and pillowcases on your bed. This is to prevent the staining of laser balm on good sheets of clothing.
- You may apply laser balm as needed to keep the skin from feeling tight and uncomfortable.
- You may wash your face if you feel up to it. Use only mild cleansers. Do not use any skin products or cleansers with acids. Do not use serums or lotions that might irritate the skin. Laser balm is best for the next several days. You will be able to feel when your skin is comfortable enough to resume with your routine skin care products. This is generally within one week.
How long is the healing process?The healing process takes approximately two to four days, though patient response can vary. The more healthy your skin, the faster the healing time. Generally, this procedure can be performed on Friday, and you can return to work the following Monday.
You will probably notice the redness, swelling, and sunburn sensation in your treatment area for up to twelve hours after treatment. Swelling should be present only as a short-term response. You may choose to sleep sitting upright in the first night after the procedure to help avoid the swelling of facial tissues.
Peeling and flaking usually occurs after 24-48 hours, and on the second day, the redness will begin to fade. On the fourth day, the redness will be diminished and easily covered by makeup.
* The Sciton™ Micro Laser Peel is one of the BEST procedures you can do for your skin! The Micro Laser peel was not very painful and when done superficially, requires 3-4 days of recovery time.
* Many who do a Micro Laser peel on a Friday afternoon and were back to work on Tuesday. You can resume activities earlier if you are not bothered by how you appear to others. You will feel sunburned and look pink. If you venture outside apply AT LEAST SPF 30 SUNBLOCK AND LASER BALM.
* The Micro Laser peel will make your skin look more vibrant, and can erase tiny lines and acne scars. You will likely need less make-up post recovery.
If you have any questions, please call the office at 440-499-7145.
- Laser Hair Removal
- Sciton Micro Laser Peel
- Contour TRL Peel
- Profractional Treatment
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Clear Scan 1064 YAG
- Halo By Sciton
- Venus Viva
- BroadBand Light/Photo Facials
- Spider/ Laser Vein Removal
- Photodynamic Therapy Treatments
- AquaGold Microneedling
- Sciton NanoLaser Peel
- Venus Legacy
- Medical Spa
- Novathreads for Skin Lifting