Patients in Chagrin Falls discover the types of Juvéderm lip filler
The aging process includes the slowing and breakdown in the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. The result is a loss of volume in the face and lips. The lips may become thin or flat. Conveniently located in Chagrin Falls, the team at Seriously Skin offers Juvéderm filler as an answer for thinning lips and volume loss. Seriously Skin offers advanced medical and cosmetic options to keep you looking fresh and rejuvenated.
FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers
Manufactured by Allergan, Juvéderm is a collection of FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers. The body naturally produces hyaluronic acid. It is one of the building blocks of the skin, bringing moisture, nutrients, and volume. As we age, the production of hyaluronic acid slows, making the skin lose moisture and fullness, resulting in a more hollowed or thin appearance. Lines and wrinkles also appear. Hyaluronic acid is used in dermal fillers to fill lines and wrinkles, to contour the face, and to add volume to the lips or hollows. The results are natural and long lasting.
Types of Juvéderm
Juvéderm is used to add volume and fill lines in the face. Depending on the type of Juvéderm used, the filler can treat the following areas:
- Cheeks – Juvéderm Voluma XC adds three-dimensional contour to the cheekbones and hollows of the face.
- Lines and wrinkles – Depending on the severity of the wrinkles or folds, Juvéderm XC or Juvéderm Vollure XC may be used to treat the moderate to severe parentheses around the nose and mouth for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- Lips – Juvéderm Volbella XC plumps the lips and smooths vertical lines around the mouth.
Volbella adds fullness to the lips
Juvéderm Volbella is an FDA approved injectable treatment. The gel is used in lip augmentation treatments for adults ages 21 and over. Thin lips are not always a sign of aging. Some patients have naturally thin lips and desire subtle volume. Volbella plumps the lips and softens the visible vertical lines around the mouth. Volbella is formulated with a lower concentration of hyaluronic acid, which produces a lasting effect of subtle, yet naturally full lips.
Facts about Volbella
- Juvéderm Volbella XC is an FDA-approved injectable gelthat is only used to treat the lips.
- It has been approved for use in adults ages 21 and older.
- The gel is formulated with hyaluronic acid to produce natural, long-lasting results.
- Juvéderm Volbella injections are used to augment the lips and minimize perioral lines around the mouth.
- The gel contains lidocaine, making the treatment easily tolerated by patients.
- The natural-looking results last up to one year with patients needing less product for their next treatment.
If you are considering dermal fillers to add fullness to your face, it is important to have a consultation first to discuss your options. Let the team at Seriously Skin guide you to the most appropriate filler for your individual needs. During your appointment, you will discuss your medical history, experience with dermal fillers, and your expectations.Discussing your problem areas and expectations helps determine which Juvéderm product to use, how much is needed, and where to inject it. The actual procedure takes a few minutes as the product is injected under the skin adding volume to the target area. The incorporation of lidocaine in the product makes the Juvéderm injections more comfortable for patients. The results are immediate. You can leave the office with fuller lips or restored volume in your face.
Although downtime is not necessary, you may be told to avoid physical activity or to avoid rubbing your face for the day. This ensures the proper placement of your dermal filler. Mild side effects such as swelling, or bruising may occur, but should subside within a week. Juvéderm Volbella lip augmentation results last up to a year.
Benefits of Juvéderm dermal fillers
The Juvéderm line consists of top quality injectable fillers. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, each product is smooth, malleable, and easy to inject, producing natural-looking results. Benefits of Juvéderm include the following:
- FDA approved
- Immediate results
- Long-lasting effects that last up to 12 months
- Easily tolerated treatments
Back to Juvéderm Page