As a health care facility, Seriously Skin will require masks for all employees, guests, and patients.
This notice outlines our new patient procedures that are currently in place to provide the safest environment possible for both patients and staff.
The following necessary guidelines are in place to protect staff, patients, and resources:
- All patients with appointments are asked to enter our facility for appointment check-in. Our lobby will continue to maintain social distance seating. Seating capacity is limited. You may choose to wait in your vehicle if desired.
- Only the patient is to be present for treatment. NO GUESTS, CHILDREN, OR ANY NON-PATIENTS ARE PERMITTED IN OUR FACILITY. Any non-patients will be asked to stay outside the facility.
- PATIENTS MUST WEAR A REUSABLE MASK. NO MASK = NO SERVICE. The mask must be properly fitting with no air gaps. No bandannas. Everybody’s nose must be covered. Please see the video at the end of this email on how to properly wear a mask.
- It is important that patients anticipate that their masks might become soiled within the facility. Numbing agents and bodily fluids will be in contact with your mask. This is why a washable mask is required.
- All patients will be asked a series of questions regarding health history, health status, and social distancing.
- Restrooms at Seriously Skin will no longer be public. Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility.
- It is the responsibility and duty of the patient to arrive at our facility with A CLEAN FACE AND NO MAKE-UP. Patients arriving without a clean face will be asked to reschedule and will not be treated. Facilities will not be available for face washing.
- Patients will need to bring their own hair bands to pull back hair during treatments and for photos. Please have your hair pulled back when you enter the facility.
- Patients are asked not to touch common surfaces while at the facility. We advise that patients only touch their own personal belongings.
- Patients are expected to have a plan for treatment. Extended consultations will not be conducted. In other words, be decisive in what you want so that we can expedite your time in the facility. Please provide us this information when making your appointment.
- We will only accommodate in-person consultations for Coolsculpting. Masks will be required.
Seriously Skin reserves the right not to treat persons within our facility for any reason.
Additionally, be aware of the following:
- Please do not make an appointment if you aren’t feeling well.
- Please do not make an appointment if you have been exposed or think you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Please do not make an appointment if you feel nervous or anxious.
- Please do not make an appointment if our safety guidelines are too much for you.
Remember, the Coronavirus (COVID 19) is still out there. It is still dangerous, and there is no vaccine. We appreciate your cooperation and support during our social distancing re-opening.
Dr. Jennifer Kish, DO & The Skincare team at Seriously Skin
- Workplaces and local business that require masks for entry.
- Planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the U.S.
- Healthcare settings (doctors’ offices, hospitals)
As of May 13, 2021