Cleveland area professional discusses CoolSculpting aftercare
Fat on the body is a common problem for many of us. Weight loss and the perfect body are difficult to achieve, regardless of how hard some patients work to get there. Diet and exercise can help, but sometimes it can be difficult to remove excess fat from specific areas. The most troublesome area of the body for most men and women is the midsection. Excess fat makes it appear as though men have a beer belly or women are several months pregnant. Fat located on the flanks can create a “muffin top” or “love handles.” Some of these issues cannot be cleverly disguised with clothing, making some men and women embarrassed and self-conscious about the contours of their bodies. While traditional liposuction at a plastic surgeon’s office is always an option, it can be expensive and invasive. The team of Seriously Skin is proud to provide Cleveland area patients with another way of addressing fat removal: CoolSculpting.
The CoolSculpting procedure is completely different than anything else on the market today. The device performs cryolipolysis, the removal of unwanted fat by freezing away fat cells deep within the body. The process can take many months, but the gradual results are unmistakable!
CoolSculpting does not require anesthetics or cutting into the skin, but it can result in some soreness and tenderness in the treatment area several days following the procedure. This is why we talk to patients about aftercare.
Some tips following treatment:
- Feel free to take some over-the-counter pain medication to address any discomfort in the treatment area.
- Stiffness may occur following the procedure but is temporary. We recommend patients continue to exercise and maintain their regular routine (though eliminate anything strenuous for a week after treatment).
- Understand the results occur over time as the fat cells are flushed out naturally.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Stop smoking, do not increase your calorie intake, and drink lots of water to help flush out the system more effectively.
- Watch your body change over many months, and consider additional treatments if you want even more results!