Other Helpful Hints
- Please arrive at our spa with clean skin and no make-up
- Please bring a hair band to avoid hair sticking to the laser balm
- Wear a button up shirt so that you do not get laser balm all over a good shirt when removing
- Use an old pillowcase, while you sleep to avoid laser balm grease staining
- Clear your social commitments so that you may heal appropriately
- Use a hat if going outdoors
- Please alert your doctor if you have ever had a cold sore
- DO NOT PICK AT YOUR SKIN
Pre-op required for all skin types: NO SUN EXPOSURE FOR 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE. NO ANTIBIOTICS, NO PHOTOSENSITIVE MEDICATIONS, NO RETIN-A, TAZORAC OR SKIN PEELING AGENTS FOR 1 MONTH PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE. NO SILK PEELS OR MICRODERMABRASION 1 MONTH PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.
PRE-OP FOR MELASMA AND PIGMENTATION: Pre-treat with medical hydroquinone 4% and CEGA Ferulic as early as possible before treatment.
A titanium and zinc based sunblock are also required. Use CEGA Ferulic in the AM only on clean skin. Hydroquinone must be used twice daily, morning and night.
* Ideal pre-treatment time is 8 weeks.
Immediately following your procedure:
Your procedure will take approximately 10 minutes. We will apply a mixture of laser balm and sunblock to your skin. It is imperative that you avoid sun exposure during your healing. Laser balm and sunblock should be applied daily as needed to keep the skin moist. Discontinue all other skin products at this time until your healing is complete. You may wash your face with a gentle cleanser, however, be sure to reapply laser balm following, as needed.
On approximately day 3-5 you may resume the daily AM application of CEGA Ferulic.
Day 3 to 1 week follow up: Follow up with the physician to assess healing.
One week follow-up: Follow up with our aestheticians at one week to assess skin health. Your aesthetician will discuss your skin care regimen going forward to prolong and protect your skin. A Derma planing treatment should be performed at this time to remove any lingering debris from the skin. You may begin using our recommended skin care system and CEGA Ferulic at one week.
Monthly follow up:
Skin care maintenance should be received at least once a month by our aestheticians. Monthly maintenance will prolong your investment and keep your skin looking its best. Your monthly maintenance program will be customized to your needs.