Professionals in Chagrin Falls, OH describe the benefits of ZO chemical peel treatment
At Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine, patients in the Chagrin Falls, OH area seeking effective treatment for a variety of skin conditions will want to work with our professionals to learn more about the solutions available to them in our practice. Dr. Jennifer Kish, DO is a professional who encourages patients with dull, dry, and poorly textured skin to consider the benefits of undergoing treatments such as the ZO chemical peel.
What is the ZO chemical peel?
Many chemical peels use a combination of ingredients to treat the skin and provide safe and effective exfoliation. Many are completed in the office and patients go about their day with little interruption. Over several days, they may notice some peeling, which is the skin’s way of exfoliating the dead skin cells from the surface and renewing its appearance. However, a ZO chemical peel is a specialized peel that works a little differently from traditional chemical peels. This three-step process allows patients to address skin conditions and improve appearance and natural beauty with both in-office treatment and at-home continuation. This peel has a controlled depth and uses an ingredient known as TCA. It is strong, but extremely effective in addressing a variety of textural issues on the skin.
What is the ZO chemical peel used for?
Patients with the following conditions will benefit from our ZO chemical peels:
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Poor skin texture and tone
- Large pores
How does it work?
The ZO chemical peel works by removing dead skin cells on the upper layer of the skin to reduce rough and dull texture. Then, the skin begins to rejuvenate with new skin cells after the shedding occurs. While patients will notice some dryness, they can use a specialized calming lotion that is supplied for at-home use. With regular treatments in the office and at home, patients notice a glowing appearance that is unsurpassed by any other service available.
Is the ZO chemical peel treatment right for me?
The best way to determine candidacy for these treatments is to speak to a professional at our office about the results you would like to achieve and how quickly you would like to see those changes. Many patients choose their treatments based on overall cost. An investment in beautiful skin is an investment in one’s self-esteem and confidence. Our professionals will assess the skin and help patients choose the procedures that are best suited for their needs and budget.
What should I be aware of prior to treatment?
If you have scheduled your ZO chemical peel treatment, it is important that you follow specific instructions prior to your appointment to ensure it is both safe and effective.
- Men should shave the treatment area no sooner than 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid bleaching creams, Retin-A products, scrubs, and irritating agents for approximately three days prior to treatment.
- Avoid using lotions, perfumes, makeup, and creams the day of treatment.
- Avoid picking, scratching, or rubbing on dry skin or scabs prior to or after treatment, as this may result in permanent scarring or darkened patches afterwards.
After your procedure:
- Wait until the following morning to wash your face
- Be aware that skin will start peeling approximately two to three days after the treatment and up to five days following
- Normal signs that the product is working include mild swelling, flaking, redness, peeling, and stinging, and are not reason for concern
- Avoid exposure to the sun for approximately a week to 10 days following treatment
- Apply sunscreen on the skin only after it has completely healed
- Avoid the use of benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids, and beta hydroxy acids until the skin is fully healed
Ready to educate yourself on ZO chemical peel treatments?
Contact Dr. Jennifer Kish, DO of Seriously Skin Cosmetic and Laser Medicine to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for this or many other treatments to enhance the skin’s texture and tone. Our professionals are located at 154 Bell Street in Chagrin Falls, OH and provide consultation visits to decide what services are best for skin enhancement. Call (440) 499-7145 today and speak with our team about ZO chemical peel treatments.