For patients considering Botox injections in Cleveland, OH
Botox is a widely used treatment to minimize the appearance of wrinkles such as lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. Over time, repeated muscle contractions in the face from actions such as smiling, laughing, and frowning can cause wrinkles and folds in the face. Botox works to soften these wrinkles by interrupting the nerve signals that cause those muscles to contract. As the muscles relax, the result is smoother and softer looking skin.
Both women and men in the Cleveland, OH area have embraced Botox for its ability to turn back the hands of time. Patients are overjoyed with their youthful, more refreshed appearance. Many are so happy with the results that they continue to schedule maintenance injections to enjoy the benefits long term.
Here’s what you can expect if you decide to get Botox injections from Seriously Skin:
- Every patient begins with an initial consultation where we discuss your areas of concern, your goals, and your medical history. This information helps us determine if Botox is right for you.
- Once we determine to move forward with Botox, we will schedule your procedure. Before treatment, it is important to minimize alcohol consumption for at least a week and discontinue aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medications to reduce your risk of bruising. If you are on an aspirin regimen, please consult with your physician before discontinuing use.
- Before the injection, your skin will be thoroughly cleaned with a gentle cleanser. A fine needle is then used to inject the Botox into the treatment area. Botox injections are quick, only taking a few minutes. Because of this, anesthesia is not necessary. Avoid touching the injection site for an hour after your session.
- Side effects from Botox may include bruising near the injection site and headaches. These are short-term.
- Results from Botox injections start becoming visible within a week and last about six months. Patients who wish to maintain them longer can schedule touch-up appointments. Over time, the muscles will learn to relax and wrinkles will be less severe.
To schedule your Botox consultation, call Seriously Skin today.
Back to Botox Home page