As patients age, they begin to notice fine lines and wrinkles on their face, and other parts of the body that have been frequently exposed to the sun, including the neck, hands, and forearms. With age, skin loses elasticity and may become drier and thinner, resulting in the formation of wrinkles, folds, and even deep furrows. Premature aging is also a problem, and can stem from habits such as smoking, genetics, and the skin type (patients with fair skin and blue eyes are most susceptible to prematurely aging skin). Many patients in the Chagrin Falls, Ohio area visit the team at Seriously Skin to find ways to slow the signs of aging.
Patients have many options when it comes to anti-aging solutions. Patients who are experiencing the beginning signs of aging in their 30's can use topical solutions to improve collagen production and reduce premature aging. Patients who are older and have substantial wrinkles can opt for other solutions, such as cosmetic treatments. Here are just a few of the commonly used medical treatments for the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids - these creams are created from fruit acids to subtly reduce wrinkles
- Antioxidants - topical creams with Vitamins A, C, E, and beta-carotene can provide sun protection while reducing the signs of aging
- Moisturizers - used to replace moisture and reduce wrinkles
- Vitamin A Acid - assists with pigmentation such as liver spots, rough skin, and wrinkling
- Cosmetic and medical treatments - laser resurfacing, plastic surgery, chemical peels, dermabrasion, and dermal fillers are all methods used to reduce the signs of aging and rejuvenate the skin
The following are used in the treatment of wrinkles:
Men and women in the Cleveland, Ohio area who are seeking a solution to the signs of aging may enjoy the benefits of treatments such as those above. A combination of solutions may be used, including daily topical creams along with regular dermal filler injections. Patients may also use collagen stimulators to improve elasticity and help tighten and tone the skin. The team at Seriously Skin will consult with patients to determine the most effective and practical solution to meet the patient’s needs, desires, and expectations.